Re: Code of Conduct complaint about Linus's comments at DC14

On Thu, Sep 04, 2014 at 08:45:30AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 04, 2014 at 11:10:21AM +0100, Neil McGovern wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 03, 2014 at 12:17:24PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > > Debian could make a public statement disavowing Linus's comments, but
> > > that's the purview of the DPL or the project-via-GR, not of the
> > > DebConf team.
>
> > Or indeed the press team... <hat mode="press">
> > Indeed, a public statement in this regard would not be productive for a)
> > Debian, b) the FSF or c) the community in general.
>
> Er, it's clearly not the purview of the press team to make a position
> statement on behalf of the project either.

I think you may have slightly misread what I said. The press team does
indeed make public statements, but that's different from position
statements.

I certainly do the former for things where the position of the project
is known, but I don't make up anything new.

Neil