Re: Code of Conduct complaint about Linus's comments at DC14

On 5 September 2014 15:35, Neil McGovern <neilm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 04, 2014 at 08:45:30AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
>>
>> > Or indeed the press team... <hat mode="press">
>> > Indeed, a public statement in this regard would not be productive for a)
>> > Debian, b) the FSF or c) the community in general.
>>
>> Er, it's clearly not the purview of the press team to make a position
>> statement on behalf of the project either.
>>

> I think you may have slightly misread what I said. The press team does
> indeed make public statements, but that's different from position
> statements.
>
> I certainly do the former for things where the position of the project
> is known, but I don't make up anything new.

Linus' talk left a sour after-taste to me. Imho many of the things he
said or re-asserted to be committed to are not only not in spirit of
code of conduct but also go against our diversity statement on the
grounds of being non-constructive. And it's not even off-hand things
he said and took back, but rather things that required active scifi
creativity put into them and still hold ground after being challenged
at Q&A.

Can we get in touch with Linus' employer, the Linux Foundation, to see
if they are willing to make any public/joint statements?

--
Regards,

Dimitri.