Re: [News] PC-BSD 7.1 Looks and Works Better Than Windows Vista?

On Thu, 21 May 2009 10:01:19 -0500, JEDIDIAH wrote:

>>>     If your statement of the problem can't be taken as a proper bug
>>> report than you earn any ill will you generate. There's a lot of crap
>>> to wade through. Decreasing the S/N ratio is at the very least
>>> counterproductive.
>>
>> Which, if I have read this correctly, means that to speak out when
>> something does not work will, in the main, return hostility towards the
>
>     Mindless whining doesn't get you anything.

That is exactly why I do not. What are you talking about?

>     If it wouldn't get you anywhere with Dell, why do you think it would
> get you anywhere with anyone else?

Can you actually say where I have whined at Dell? I have no Dell
computers here and am not a customer. Do you work in Dell customer
support? Has anyone given my name perhaps? I am really confused by your
post.

>> one who dares criticise, and newcomers deserve all they get. Not the
>> best way to run a railway, I feel.
>
>     There's a considerable difference between genuine criticism and
> vague whining. If your behavior would get you told off by a PAID support
> person if not for the fact that they would likely lose their job then
> you are at best being a nuissance.
>
>     Your intentions beyond that is something that can only be guessed
>     at.

My intentions are those of an average home Linux user. My 'vague whining'
is about individuals who attack my criticism of their system.
I am still unsure as to what the Hell you are on about. I don't use Dell
computers. I have two aOpen Xcube machines.

> [deletia]
>
>     Even if you are paying for the priveledge of whining at someone,
>     there
> is still a protocol to follow.

Please explain what are you talking about? I think you have the
completely the wrong person, or are on strong medication.

Tony(UK)