Re: [News] PC-BSD 7.1 Looks and Works Better Than Windows Vista?

On 2009-05-21, Tony(UK) <tony_smith100@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 19 May 2009 14:24:56 -0500, JEDIDIAH wrote:
>
>>> One other problem on equal terms with this is the flames and insults
>>> when someone dares to voice their problems with a distro.
>>
>>     If your statement of the problem can't be taken as a proper bug
>> report than you earn any ill will you generate. There's a lot of crap to
>> wade through. Decreasing the S/N ratio is at the very least
>> counterproductive.
>
> Which, if I have read this correctly, means that to speak out when
> something does not work will, in the main, return hostility towards the

    Mindless whining doesn't get you anything.

    If it wouldn't get you anywhere with Dell, why do you think it would
get you anywhere with anyone else?

> one who dares criticise, and newcomers deserve all they get. Not the best
> way to run a railway, I feel.

    There's a considerable difference between genuine criticism and
vague whining. If your behavior would get you told off by a PAID
support person if not for the fact that they would likely lose their
job then you are at best being a nuissance.

    Your intentions beyond that is something that can only be guessed at.

[deletia]

    Even if you are paying for the priveledge of whining at someone, there
is still a protocol to follow.

     In a free market, the herd should be irrelevant.                / | \