Re: Gnote 0.3.1

Sinister Midget wrote:

> On 2009-05-15, Marti van Lin <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx> claimed:
>
>> And yes I am aware of his Mono fanaticism. I'd read an article a couple
>> of months ago, where he shares his whet dream about Gnome 3 being
>> totally rewritten in C#.
>>
>> I seriously hope the Gnome team is not going to let that happen. I love
>> Gnome but as soon as it becomes dependent on Mono, I will drop it in
>> favor of another DE and I am quite sure many will. This might be the
>> death of Gnome and I hope, the Gnome team will realize that.
>
> I've just come to learn to like Gnome over the last few months. I'm not
> married to it, though (nor any other desktop manager). I could switch
> to LXDE, IceWM or XFCE on a dime. Or Fluxbox, Enlightenment, Blackbox
> or KDE (not 4). If MONO permeates all of Gnome, let me go ahead and
> announce in advance that we'll be parting ways.

Well I never was a Gnome pusher as well and neither am I married to it,
but I like it.

Here is an article about my first affair with Gnome:

http://osgeex.blogspot.com/2008/03/moving-to-gnome.html

>> Mono is not a contribution to Free Software, it is a distraction. In my
>> point of view its a trojan.
>
> The fact that there's an effort to completely take something over with
> it should give any onlooker pause.

Anyway, Oh Ballmer is not my Pappy(tm) [1]

[1] Copyright 2008-2009 by 7 and is licensed not sold.

--
|_|0|_| Marti van Lin
|_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com