Re: Call for moderation and mediation: debian-live vs. debian-live-ng

On 13/11/15 07:59 AM, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> I'm happy enough if somebody wants to post *something*, but I'd rather
> not have that exact wording posted in public right now. While I stand
> by what I've said, it's hardly likely to improve the relationship with
> Daniel to come out in public and say "we didn't like your stuff
> anyway".

I agree. And I am dubious any sort of public statement to try to explain
to those not close to the situation could help.

I'm attacking the problem of misinformation* on the debian-live list
now. My approach so far has been to publicly stick to facts pertaining
to continuing to receive support and the future status of live-build and
live-wrapper, steering clear of public discussion about the falling out
between Debian and Daniel entirely, and privately talking about more
personal thoughts and feelings as needed. I think that's all that's
really needed for now, at least to help the team and the users who look
to us for support to come to terms with this and move on.

I've had private discussions so far with three key members of the team
who are hurting, and have been vocal in their outrage on the lists. All
of those contacts were positive and I think helped with closure, both
for me and for them. I've also attempted to initiate contact with
Daniel, but haven't yet heard from him, which I half expected would be
the case. I hope in time we will be able to talk, as regardless of what
else I may think about the matter, I feel for him and want a chance for
us to settle things and move on.

Ben
* https://lists.debian.org/debian-live/2015/11/msg00076.html
* https://lists.debian.org/debian-live/2015/11/msg00080.html