Re: Call for moderation and mediation: debian-live vs. debian-live-ng

[ And more time flies - sorry for the delay... ]

On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 07:48:29AM -0800, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

>Agreed. But you don't necessarily need a neutral report (which requires
>a huge amount of mediation work and, crucially, good will on both sides
>to be written) to address that.
>
>The alternative approach is to publicly present, calmly but firmly, the
>*other* side of the story, which is currently quite hard to discern for
>people who are not on this list.  Once both sides of the story are
>clearly identifiable by our community we should just let people draw
>their own conclusions.
>
>To be more concrete: I find the email that Steve posted to this thread
>to be very clear, calm, and honest about how things went, as seen from
>the vmdebootstrap "side".  Posting that mail to -devel is probably the
>simplest act that we now need to be completely transparent with our
>community, before moving on.  But that mail is also probably quite
>personal for Steve, so I'd totally understand if he'd rather not do
>that, or not do that in that present form.

I'm happy enough if somebody wants to post *something*, but I'd rather
not have that exact wording posted in public right now. While I stand
by what I've said, it's hardly likely to improve the relationship with
Daniel to come out in public and say "we didn't like your stuff
anyway".

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve@xxxxxxxxxx
"...In the UNIX world, people tend to interpret `non-technical user'