Re: Call for moderation and mediation: debian-live vs. debian-live-ng

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 03:30:19PM +0100, Thomas Goirand wrote:
Your showing zero empathy for Daniel. You don't like Daniel. That's
fine. Expressing it here, when he can't read you, when he's already out
of Debian, and when I'm explaining he must be feeling miserable, that's
unacceptable.

Why is it any less valid than you insisting that he express himself differently? What, exactly, would you consider to be a sufficient show of empathy? I would consider just respecting Daniel's privacy and letting the matter drop to be a good start, but you don't seem to think that's acceptable (but you then complain that people are talking about him here after you once again restarted the conversation here, which is confusing.)

Step back from what? I'm not even attempting to defend Daniel. I just
wrote he is a human with feelings

I think everyone can stipulate to that. Honestly, it's somewhat insulting to the other people involved to suggest otherwise. Stepping back would include eliminating that kind of rhetoric.

Do you have any specific actions you want to see, beyond repeating that you don't like the situation? You've been complaining about the matter for more than two years, and it's clearly important to you. What isn't clear is what can possibly satisfy you at this point.

Mike Stone