Re: Code of Conduct complaint about Linus's comments at DC14 :: Respect

Jérémy Bobbio wrote:

I strongly disagree. Debian should be a place where all kind of people
should feel welcome.
Does "all kinds of people" include assholes?  does it include trolls?
 If someone contributing is known for having
oppressive behaviour, even if it's outside of Debian, it might just
chill me out of getting involved in the project after seeing they are
involved. Because I could I know they won't have the same behaviour in
Debian?
And theres the root of the problem, some see swear-filled rants as "oppressive" some see trying to block swear-filled rants as "oppressive". Some see letting people who are known to be assholes in non-debian contexts as "oppressive" others see trying to enforce our values on participents even when those participants are not "wearing a debian hat" as "oppressive".

You can't keep everyone happy all the time, it's just not possible.