Re: Call for moderation and mediation: debian-live vs. debian-live-ng

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 04:58:49PM +0100, Richard Hartmann wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 4:37 PM, Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > (And with "public statement" I don't mean anything high profile such a
> > press release, a mailing list post on debian-devel in the appropriate
> > thread would be enough.)
>
> A fully-fledged press release would be quite high profile, but "in the
> appropriate thread" makes it easy to miss things, especially for
> outsiders.

At least people who ask can be pointed at them.

> A new thread on -project or an email to -announce or -news might be
> reasonable middle ground.

An email to -announce or -news is basically a press release, so that's
no middle ground.

An email to -project would work, but I am not sure who should send it
and what should be in it, really.  Probably some pointers to the already
publically available explanations and apologies.

Michael