Re: Code of Conduct complaint about Linus's comments at DC14 :: Respect

<umlaeute@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> On 09/19/2014 01:42 AM, Matt Taggart wrote:
>> If your definition of tolerance means accepting of abusive assholes, then
>> yes we should be intolerant.
>>
>> Accepting assholes may create a welcoming environment for assholes but 1)
>> IMO those aren't the type of people we want to welcome and 2) it creates an
>> unwelcoming environment for people who don't like assholes.
>
> the problem is, that my assholes are probably not your assholes (i'm
> pretty sure that there is some overlap between your definition of
> asshole and mine, but there are also other cases): that's where the
> slippery slope starts.

Even though in an abstract and theoretical sense that might be right,
I'm sure that the project can reach a sensible consensus about what we
consider unacceptable behaviour, the same way we do with unacceptable
code and with unacceptable system configuration. I agree with Matt
that abusive behaviour should not be tolerated.

Greetings,
Miry