Re: Call for moderation and mediation: debian-live vs. debian-live-ng

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz writes ("Re: Call for moderation and mediation: debian-live vs. debian-live-ng"):
> Sorry, but Daniel doesn't get any pity from me. Not under
> these circumstances!

Personally I do feel sorry for Daniel - as well as for Iain and Steve
and everyone else involved.  I don't think feeling sympathy for
someone is mutually exclusive with seeing that mistakes have been
made.

(Feeling sympathy for someone who is obviously hurting does not mean
that we shouldn't take action protect ourselves from harm that they
are doing.)

Another thing that is relevant here is power relations: the less
powerful someone is, when they do something wrong, the more
appropriate it is to respond with sympathy rather than anger.

Ian.