Re: Triple-head Laptop

__/ [Els] on Tuesday 30 August 2005 10:55 \__

[UseNet]

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>>> Sounds good - makes me wanna spend some time adding more useful info
>>> to my own site too - if only I wouldn't spend so much time on
>>> Usenet... ;-)
>>
>> It is possible to combine the two...
>>
>> http://www.schestowitz.com/UseNet/2005/August_2005_1/index.html
>
> I'm afraid there wouldn't be an end to it if I started something like
> that. May I ask why you do that?

It has been useful in the past when questions repeated themselves. I could
point people at the right place to get an answer. This is just one of
several uses.

> [AWW]
>> That "OT(Men)" thread is now back to life. Somebody shoot me...  *smile*
>
> Nah, that's not life - that was a last little twitch last night :-)

I just quickly hit ALT+R+R, but all I know is that I saw yellow. Speaking of
which, this thread is so deep that it already spills over from one screen
to the other. It's like a chatroom, only more bizarre.

[Outdoor laptop]

> [catching vit.D while not leaving the computer]
>>> I've heard high speed can be arranged wireless too, but indeed -
>>> dual-head display is a bit tricky on a laptop :-)
>>
>> I thought about one which unfolds horizontally. Now, if only I had the
>> resources to design and manufacture a laptop... *smile*
>
> Once you get round to it and have found resources, make it a triple
> already. Easier to unfold; no need to slide the unfolded display to be
> centered.

Also a matter of equilibrium!

> It can't be all that difficult to manufacture for a company
> that already does regular laptops - maybe there is some reason they
> don't?

Someone may have thought about it, but...

> Seen from the top, the display could either be in this position:
> ____.____.____
>     |....|
>     |____|
>
> for personal use,
> or in this one:
>
>       /\
>      /  \
>     /____\
>     |....|
>     |____|
>
> to display whatever you'd want to show to other people sitting at the
> same table.

You just blew my mind! My supervisor has projectors in his offices and he
sure could use something like that his laptop. Let's start a business
together *grin*

>>> Some people actually appreciate
>>> blunt honesty, and when they do, it makes working for them a lot more
>>> pleasant.
>>
>> I know exactly what you mean. It can also lead to paranoia though, trust
>> me.
>
> Only if you let it :-)

I usually do. Too many times. Maybe Dave will be after me now...

http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/08/30/black-hat-seo/